Tuesday, November 18th, 2014 Focus: I find practical and visible ways to leave a meaningful imprint on the world around me.

Violin
If you ask yourself right now what you did last week that was exceptional, you’ll probably have to think a while. When you establish the asking of the two questions — what did you do last week and what will you do next week — as an integral part of your life, it can change your approach to everything you do. It steadily raises your sights about what you are capable of.

On Tuesday, you may be thinking, “But I haven’t done anything really exceptional yet this week.” This may prompt an inner response, such as, “Then I’d better think of something exceptional to do!” This heightens curiosity about the possibilities for taking new actions. You’ll be more likely to find yourself actively seeking ways to give the world more of your best, instead of just hoping for them.

Although studies indicate that people who regularly think ahead tend to experience more frequent leadership opportunities and career advancement, this mechanism is about something deeper than the external trappings of success. It serves as a reminder that it is up to each of us to keep finding practical and visible ways to leave a meaningful imprint on the world around us and on the lives of the people we care most about.

Excerpted from the article:
The Most Exceptional Thing You’ve Done Today
Written by Robert K. Cooper.

Read more of this article…
AOL click here

Please forward today’s Daily to a friend! Share the blessings 🙂

RECOMMENDED BOOK OF THE DAY

The Other 90%: How to Unlock Your Vast Untapped Potential for Leadership and Life
by Robert K. Cooper.

Dr. Robert Cooper, a neuroscience pioneer and leadership advisor, urges us to take a radically different view of human capacity. We are mostly unused potential, he says, employing less than 10 percent of our brilliance or hidden talents. The Other 90% is your guide to new territory and new challenges. In easy-to-follow steps, he explains how to develop and apply the art and science of your hidden capacity.

Click here for more info and/or to order book.
AOL click here

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s